Assistant Professor, School of Architecture
Jason Brown is originally from Arcadia, Florida. Prior to working in the field of architecture, he engaged in experimental fluid mechanics with applications in biological cell culture, the sensory ecology of marine plankton, and the carbon cycle in oceans. His focus on engineering in architecture is motivated both by personal interest and the opportunity to integrate diverse topics.
- 1995 - Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Baylor University
- 1998 - Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology
- 2010 - PhD in Architecture, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Thermal-fluid physics in buildings
- Building energy use
- Integrated modeling of building physics and controls
To enable the design and analysis of innovative building systems solutions using multi-domain modeling and computation.
- Brown, J., Augenbroe, G., Paredis, C., and Choudhary, R. “Computational Fluid Dynamics in an Equation-Based Modeling Environment.” 11th International Building Performance Simulation Association Conference, Glasgow, Scotland, 27-30 July 2009.
- Augenbroe, G., Brown, J., Heo, Y., Kim, S., Li, Z., McManus, S., and Zhao, F. “Lessons from an Advanced Building Simulation Course.” Third National Conference of IBPSA-USA, Berkeley, ca, 30 July - 1 August 2008.
- Peponis, J., Allen, D., French, S., Scoppa, M., and Brown, J. "Street Connectivity and the Measurement of Urban Density." Sixth International Space Syntax Symposium, Istanbul, Turkey, 12-15 June 2007.
- Brown, J., and Choudhary, R. “CFD Study of Natural Ventilation Between Multiple Spaces with Stratification.” Third International Building Physics Conference, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, 27 - 31 August 2006.
- Park, C.S., Augenbroe, G., Makarechi, S., and Brown, J. “Normative Thermal Comfort Assessment." Third International Building Physics Conference, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, 27--31 August 2006.
- ARCH 3231 – Environmental Systems I, Spring 2008-2010
- ARCH 4231 – Environmental Systems II, Fall 2009-2010
- COA 8833 – Building Simulation in Design Practice (with Godfreid Augenbroe), Spring 2010
- ARCH 8833 - Fundamental Building Physics, Fall 2010